1. Can you please introduce yourself, tell us where you're from, and how long you've shot on film?
I'm Ennuh Tiu from the Philippines! I started shooting film for a class in Uni back in 2010. From there, I have been shooting film on and off from 2011. But I've been most consistent in the past 2 years since I got a Canon Autoboy Luna from a friend and fell in love with shooting film again.
2. Why do you like to shoot on film?
I love the photos that film produces. Aside from the beautiful tones and colours, the quirkiness and the happy accidents add a unique flair and character to each photo. You don't know what to expect. Plus, your memories are immortalized forever in negatives. Whereas digital photos can be replicated, film is forever.
3. What’s your favorite gear to use (camera, lens, film) ?
My daily shooter is a Canon Tele 6. I mix it up with other cameras from time to time, leaning towards those with a wide angle lens, or an SLR. My current favorite film to shoot with is Lomo CN 400.
4. Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why?
I have a lot of favorites from my previous year of shooting, which are the ff: (attached). I'm drawn to quirky and colourful photos, and ones that show emotion.
5. Exactly what it is you want to say with your photographs?
Your memories are yours. Make them colourful!
You can see more of Ennuh's photos here.
Give her a follow on instagram @ennuhchew